11 Advantages of Epoxy Garage Floors
Epoxy garage floors have many advantages that will increase the value of your home or commercial space.
Modern garage floors are made mainly from 2 types of material. If you have a concrete floor in your garage, you have a traditional floor that is generally poured when the garage is built. The other choice for a modern-style garage floor is an epoxy floor coating.
Garage floor epoxy coatings are often applied over a concrete subfloor but can also be used on many other surfaces suitable for epoxy.
This article will discuss 11 epoxy garage floor coating benefits, including faster installation time and increased resale value. If you are looking for a way to make your house worth more, epoxy garage floors are an excellent choice!
What are garage floor epoxy coatings?
Epoxy floor coatings are liquid epoxies that can be applied to residential and commercial applications. The epoxy forms a chemical bond with the concrete floors, which means it is solid and durable. It also has excellent resistance against abrasion, chemicals, heat, and weathering for many years of protection. With a high-quality epoxy coating, you can have a floor that looks great and lasts years.
Garage floor epoxy is becoming more popular for industrial, commercial, and residential epoxy flooring applications because of the many benefits they provide. It can be used in garages to make them less slippery without losing durability or strength, making it easier on your knees and easier to navigate in the dark when opening your car door.
Epoxy flooring is also great for high traffic areas like garages and workshops; epoxy garage floors will make it last longer than paint or any other type of epoxies because epoxies tend to be more robust and durable. Garage floor epoxies are stain-resistant, easy to clean, and do not chip or peel, making them easy to maintain.
Epoxy flooring can be applied on new or existing garage floors to increase life expectancy and protect the material from scratches, dents, and stains. Once the epoxy is used, it must fully cure for several days before any vehicle traffic can be allowed on the garage floor. Once fixed, the coating is as hard as concrete and wear-resistant. A garage floor coating can be applied in a wide variety of colors to match any design theme or décor.
When should you consider garage floor coatings?
Not every concrete garage floor need epoxy, but there are some instances when it can be beneficial. The following list includes the most common reasons to apply epoxy flooring in a residential or commercial setting:
- For example, garage conversion into an office space is a retailer who wants their employees to work in more pleasant surroundings than concrete floors and walls.
- Garage conversion into a workshop or storage space, ex. a woodworker who needs epoxy for its protective properties against oil and other types of stains
- New construction where epoxy is preferred over traditional garage flooring materials such as concrete
- High traffic areas in garages need to be durable, emphasizing the epoxy's resistant properties to oil, grease, and other types of stains areas in the garage where epoxy can help with easy cleaning.
- Epoxy is easier to clean than traditional materials such as concrete or asphalt paving stones.
- Commercial garages that need epoxy are applied for aesthetic purposes rather than protective ones. For example, epoxy flooring can create a logo or design that can act as a marketing tool for your business.
- In areas where the garage is primarily being used for storage, the epoxy coating will keep boxes and other items from damaging the surface of the flooring material. This means less risk of punctures when moving sharp objects across surfaces such as concrete.
- Epoxy garage flooring can be used to help with ADA (Americans with Disabilities Act Standards for Accessible Design) compliance applications for spaces that require a certain amount of traction, slip resistance, and fall height protection.
What are the advantages of epoxy floors?
Below are some of the proven advantages of epoxy garage floors:
- Installation is fast, and epoxy flooring comes in custom colors, making it easy to design your garage exactly how you want.
- A clear epoxy coating resists oil stains, meaning that your epoxy floors will stay clean even if people are working on their cars regularly.
- Resistant to cracks caused by oil spills, epoxy floors can last a lifetime, saving you money and stress.
- The epoxy coating is easy to clean, meaning less work for you! All it takes is some soap, water, and a mop from time to time.
- A garage floor epoxy coating adds value to your home and increases the resale price of your house.
- Epoxy garage floors are an excellent solution for any homeowner, no matter how much they use their garage.
- The epoxy coating will protect your driveway from damage caused by excessive heat or cold, making epoxy garage floors an intelligent choice for any climate.
- A clear epoxy floor coating adds value to your home and protects the surface underneath from damage such as cracks in concrete.
- Epoxy coatings are highly resistant to oil stains which makes them perfect for use in garages with cars. Epoxy garage floors are a great way to protect your home from damage caused by oil leaks, making it easier for you to sell the house in the future.
- Epoxy coatings add value and protection to any garage floor! They come in an array of colors so that they can be designed specifically for your needs.
- Epoxy coats are perfect for homeowners looking to sell their homes or protect the floor in their garage. Epoxy coatings add value and protection while also increasing resale prices!
Epoxy coatings are a great way to give your floor the extra protection it needs. Whether you need something for wear and tear or want to protect the surface from spills, epoxy is an excellent choice.
SATX Epoxy Floors can help with everything, including coating application, repairs, maintenance, and more. If you're interested in learning more about our services, don't hesitate to contact us today!