Reasons to Protect Your Concrete With Epoxy Coatings
You may have heard that San Antonio concrete is a durable material. It's strong, and it lasts for many years. This can be true in some cases, but not all of them.
Over time, concrete can start to crack and crumble due to the sun or other environmental factors like acid rain. Your concrete could also lose its beautiful finish because of deep scratches from heavy machinery or other harsh elements over time.
Suppose you don't want your beautiful job site to look old and shabby before it has even been completed. In that case, you should consider protecting your investment with epoxy concrete coatings in San Antonio!
What are epoxy concrete coatings?
Epoxy floors are a fast-drying, high-gloss sealer that comes in the form of a liquid. It's designed for those who want to protect their concrete from stains and other forms of damage. Once applied, it dries extremely quickly, making it perfect as an overlay or floor finish on top of concrete.
The thickness of the coating is another benefit as it can be applied in either a single or double coat and will not crack, chip, flake, or peel for many years to come. It provides a highly durable finish that's UV resistant, enhancing slip resistance and creating a protective seal against salt damage from snow removal on the roads.
Concrete coatings are also non-toxic and free from VOC's which means it has a low odor when applied to the surface, but once dry, you will not be able to smell it at all, so no need for masks or fancy gear! It can even be used in controlled warehouses with no issues and applied in both high or low humidity environments.
Floor coatings are highly durable, making them perfect for all commercial, industrial and residential projects or renovations where durability is a must. This floor coating can be used as an overlay on top of existing concrete surfaces such as a garage floor, kitchen, or patio that have been damaged by oil, gas, or other chemicals.
What are water-based epoxy coatings?
Water-based coatings are a type of industrial floor coating applied over concrete, metal, or wood. These types of protective finishes last much longer than typical paints. They can be used on both interior surfaces and exterior to prevent damage from the elements like water, snow, frost, or sunlight. Water-based epoxy finish coats are also more environmentally friendly than harsh solvent-based epoxies typically used to protect concrete. However, water-based coatings aren't just for protecting surfaces but can be used as a decorative element in some cases.
What are solvent-based epoxy coatings?
A solvent-based epoxy floor coating is a tough, durable coating for concrete surfaces. They can be used to protect and beautify exterior concrete floors across many industries, including:
- Retail/Commercial Facilities
- Industrial Building
- Manufacturing Facilities
When applying solvent-based concrete coatings to exterior concrete floors, knowing the exact coating needed for the proper application and environment is essential. Some common types of solvent-based epoxy coatings include:
- Anti-slip coating.
- Elastomeric coating to add elasticity and flexibility for resistance against cracking or peeling
- Chemical resistance coating for protection against chemicals or petroleum products.
- Erosion/UV Protection Coating to protect asphalt surfaces from damage due to harsh weather.
Concrete is an excellent material for building foundations and other structures. It's heavy-duty, affordable, versatile, and sustainable. But concrete can also be an expensive headache if not properly taken care of!
Epoxy floor coatings are the perfect way to protect your residential or commercial concrete from stains like oil, dirt, or even mold spores while adding extra protection against cracking in colder climates. SATX Epoxy Floors have been providing epoxy floor coatings throughout San Antonio since opening our doors in 2017 with excellent customer reviews and expertise to back it up!
Contact us today to get a free consultation and to see how we can help you get started on protecting your investment before it becomes costly repairs down the road.
What are the advantages of using epoxy concrete flooring for your project?
There are many advantages of epoxy concrete installation for your homes or businesses. When applied correctly by service professionals, it can:
- Protect the concrete from water damage, stains, and surface deterioration
- Increase the durability of your flooring for years to come
- Improve resistance to chemicals, so they are safe around pets or people with allergies
- Make them easier to clean by keeping up their appearance longer
- Erosion protection on the exterior surfaces
- Beautify existing concrete surfaces.
- Protection from chemicals or petroleum-based products that you may use on your concrete flooring surface (motor oil, gasoline, etc.).
- A quality job every time
However, epoxy coatings can also be challenging to apply correctly if you do not have the proper training. If it is done improperly, there are risks of ruining your new flooring or even causing harm to anyone walking on them. That's why hiring a professional with experience in epoxies can save you time and money while still providing excellent results for many years!
How long does epoxy flooring last?
San Antonio epoxy can last anywhere from three to ten years, depending on the quality of the application and proper maintenance. Epoxy coatings are also environmentally friendly, which is a bonus. Epoxy coatings are less expensive than replacing the entire floor, so it is a good idea to keep up with your epoxy coating.
Why is it essential to hire professional installers?
Applying epoxy can be a DIY job if you have the experience and the right tools. If not, you can end up with a patchy, uneven finished product or even damage to your floor. The job must be done right when dealing with epoxy coating because it's a protective layer of coating on top of your concrete, and if you do it wrong, there will be problems in the future.
Hiring Texas epoxy flooring professionals can:
- They can do the project quickly.
- You will get a high-quality finish that is also strong and long-lasting.
- Their experience protects you from mistakes or accidents that could damage your concrete, resulting in costly repairs.
- They can achieve a variety of sealant finishes, including metallic, matte, or high gloss.
- You won't need to do any prep work; they will clean your surface first so the epoxy has an adhering base on which it can be applied.
- They will ensure that the floor is level and solid, with no cracks or weak spots, leading to an accident later on.
- You don't need to worry about any of the safety precautions required for working with chemicals.
- They are equipped with the right tools, so you won't need to buy anything.
- They provide excellent work on all projects they get.
There are many reasons to hire a professional service for your epoxy coating job, but it's important not to skimp on quality or safety when doing this yourself. If you go with an established San Antonio TX contractor, they can ensure that the work is done right, and you can be safe in the knowledge that your concrete will have a protective finish for years to come.